1) Check you know the correct dress for the occasion – and wear it.
2) Make sure you know the starting time of the game and arrive in sufficient time to change and be ready to start on the green at the appointed time
3) In a team game, arrive in time to welcome your guests.
4) Players should use the steps provided when going on and off the green.
5) Bowls should not be dropped on the green.
6) Do not sit or stand on the steps or verges.
7) Shake hands with your opponents before and after the game.
8) Matches, cigarette ends, etc., should be placed in the litter baskets within the designated smoking area,
9) There should be no smoking or vaping anywhere within the perimeter fence apart from the designated smoking area.
10) Bowls should not be kicked in until after the head has been decided.
11) After delivering a bowl, a player should either retire behind the mat or advance to the head. He should not take up a position in between.
12) Don’t delay the game.
13) Don’t wander around or move about the head when a player is about to deliver a bowl.
14) If you are responsible for keeping the score, compare your card with your opponents at regular intervals. If score-boards are in use, ensure it concurs with the scorecards.
15) Do not infringe the laws of rink possession.
16) Unless you have been delegated to decide the shots at the completion of an end, do not interfere in any way shape or form with this process. (Usually it is the third who decides in a fours, and the second who decides in a pairs or triples.) If an umpire has been called, stay well clear of the head until a decision has been made.
17) If you lose the game remember to congratulate your opponent.
18). Bowling is a friendly game and all players should show courtesy and good sportsmanship.
19) Never be heard to criticise the green or your opponent.
20) Acknowledge a “fluke” and commend an opponent’s good bowl.
21) All bowlers should know the rules as laid down by the World Bowls Association.
22) Mobile Phones should not be used on or around the green.
23) Please enjoy your game..
SSBC operates a non-smoking/vaping policy. A designated smoking/vaping area is located on the left hand side of the clubhouse. Our smoking policy is displayed on Secretary’s notice board in the clubhouse for your further information.